iPhone 4 with FW 4.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wicked1, May 8, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

If I just erase the iphone and clear all the data from it, I will be able to sell my 16GB Black iPhone 4 so the next user can keep 4.0.1 and JB then Unlock it correct?

I just want to make sure when I use the Reset and Erase Data, the next person can still keep the FW, and I all of my data on the phone will be gone for good.

I want to sell it with 4.0.1 so someone can JB then Unlock it, but I do not feel like doing this for someone, or should I JB then Unlock it before selling it on eBay?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Are u jb now on 4.0.1?
    If yes and do the erase all the phone won't boot up after and will need a restore.
    I'd restore it to custom 4.3.3 using pwnage to save the unlockable baseband. Setup as new phone so none of your stuff is on it and mail out.

3. kre62 macrumors 68000

If you JBd it a while back you might have your SHSH saved and can restore to 4.0.1 erasing all your data. If not JB then yes erase all content and settings is as good as itll get without updating the firmware with a preserved baseband.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Are you serious?
    That is the worst advice for any iphone. Erase all settings reformats the phone. It won't have any iOS on it.
    OP, follow Applejuiced's advice.

5. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

"Erase all" doesn't erase the OS. However, you will get into the problem and have to restore if the phone is already JB.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, but with a JB iphone it is like erasing the OS cause it will need a restore in order to boot up again.