iPhone 4 with iOS 6 beta 1 and 2 can't make calls.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Logicpro8, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Logicpro8 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I know there are some major issues with IOS6 beta 1 and 2 just now but I have a huge problem now. when I go to make a phone call, it'll immediately go into Speaker Phone mode (icon is blue) but sound will not come from the speaker, or from the earpiece. I switch speaker phone off and the same problem.

Other users on this form have reported this exact same problem.:eek:

I have done some investigating in the last few days. Here are my findings.

Upgrade to iOS6 beta 1
    The phone call problems started, when I go to make a phone call, it'll immediately go into Speaker Phone mode (icon is blue) etc etc (see above)
    sometimes the phone will be find and let me make calls and receive calls. about 90% of the time it won't. I tried a reset, a hard reset, installed IOS6 beta 1 again, still the same issues.

Upgrade to iOS6 beta 2
    This time I look further into it. The iPhone 4 baseband has changed now to 04.12.02. Could this be the problem????. Some people on different forums seem to think so.

Downgrade to iOS 5.x.x again.
    Since Apple is still signing iOS 5 I can downgrade ok. but my baseband still remains at 04.12.02. Before the upgrade to beta 1 it was at 04.12.01 and everything worked fine. Is there anyway to downgrade back to baseband 04.12.01 and iOS 5.1

Has anyone else had the same problems? I would love to hear from you.

2. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

This is why you shouldn't really use a beta OS on your own device that you depend on. First of all, have you tried restoring as new? Without a backup?

Did you upgrade to iOS 6 beta using a developer account? Because it says before you download iOS 6 that "Devices updated to iOS 6 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Registered development devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS 6 software." so it may be difficult to revert the baseband change.

So I'd just take it to an Apple store and explain the situation, and they might be lenient and swap it out for a new one, even out of warranty.

3. njaremka macrumors 6502

DFU mode will allow you to downgrade back to iOS 5. however, you will not be able to restore an iOS 6 backup onto a iOS 5 device.

4. Logicpro8 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried restoring without a backup, as in a brand install or iOS 6. I have done this with beta 1 and 2. Nothing worked. Then I tried with backup, still no luck.

I done the upgrade with my works developer account, so my phone is registered with Apple as a developer phone.

Called Apple store, its out of warranty now, nothing they can do.

Will DFU mode will allow me to downgrade back to iOS 5 with the old baseband 04.12.01 or will it stick at the new baseband that came with iOS6 04.12.02?

----------

Its kinda odd that other users that report this exact same issue were able to get the problem solved with a reset. They were also on iPhone 4.:rolleyes:

I'll keep testing.

5. Logicpro8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I downgraded to ios5.1.1 and the problem remains the same. The baseband has went from 04.12.02 to 04.12.01 so the issues isn't related to that. Thinking it might be hardware... Saying that it works sometimes and sometimes not. Very hard to decide what it could be.

6. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

with iOS 5.0 i had this issue on my 4S randomly…it'd go away with a reset(home button and power button held down till the apple logo pops up) and come back after awhile. I never figured out exactly what would cause it to happen. It seemed like it had something to do with the apple headphones though.

7. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Contact Apple Developer Support for iOS issues.

You are a registered iOS developer running iOS 6 legitimately, right?