iPhone 4 with iOS4.0.1 - Bluetooth worse for anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmk1974, Jul 20, 2010.

1. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I have a Motorola H15 BT which I have used with my previous 3G and 3GS iPhones. It's ok, but kinda quiet.

When I got the iPhone 4 on launch day and connected it to my H15, the sound quality and volume were both improved! Really happy with the iPhone 4 / H15 combo!

But the other day after I "upgraded" the software on my iPhone 4 to iOS4.0.1, the bluetooth now sounds more scratchy/staticy (if that's a word). Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced degradation on their BT headsets/devices since updating to 4.0.1. Is there a way to roll back to 4.0? Thanks!

2. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

There's a few threads on this here and on the apple site forums. Many (but not all) have had success by jumping through the following hoops:

1) Have your iPhone 'forget' your BT headset
    2) Sync and backup your phone to iTunes (latest version)
    3) Wipe your phone completely (Erase all data and content)
    4) Reload the 4.0.1 firmware
    5) Once your phone is activated with 4.0.1 as a clean install but BEFORE you restore contacts and re-sync your content - pair your iPhone with your BT headset
    6) Now restore and sync. You may have to pair the iPhone and BT headset again after this step.

Please try these steps and report back.

3. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Great...I'm on step 6 and when I go to restore from my backup list, my backup is not listed! What the heck am I supposed to do now? I see tons of old backup iPhone names, but not the one that I absolutely backed-up right before this process!

When I go the mobilesync\backup folder on my PC, the list is all in some mumbo-jumbo format that I can't tell which backup name goes to what.

Any suggestions???