iPhone 4 won't boot up! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JMinion, Apr 1, 2011.

1. JMinion macrumors newbie

So here's a bit of history. I jailbroke my iPhone 4 many times including on 4.1.2 (I think that's the right firmware) and never had a problem. The main reason I jailbroke was for mywi 4.0 which I paid $20 for. I used pwnage tool to try and jailbreak my iPhone on 4.3.1 firmware and everything went well until I tried to restore with iTunes and even that went perfectly until it started to reboot. The little apple came up then the loading circle on top of the bottom half of the apple. The loading circle has stopped and I can not shut it off and nothing happens when I hold each button down or in some kind of combination or plug it into my mac. Also, my mac does not recognize my iPhone. When I unplug it from the usb it is still frozen in that same loading screen. Someone please help!!!

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Did you know that 4.3.1 is a tethered jailbreak currently? Now, I think you know where is your problem.

3. JMinion thread starter macrumors newbie

4. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Have you tried to put it into DFU mode (hold home and power for 10 seconds and let go of the power but keep holding the home for another 10 seconds)? If the screen turns black then it's in DFU and you can restore from there.

5. JMinion thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried that but the lock button on my iphone got pushed in a couple days ago (just my luck) and it only works if I push it really hard so I don't know if I am actually pushing it when I try and put it into dfu.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You need to have power bottom & home bottom working in order for you to tethered boot the phone up.

7. JMinion thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If your phone has already jaibroken on 4.3.1, then just hook it to your Mac run tethered boot it up.

9. JMinion thread starter macrumors newbie

I also unplugged it from my computer and let the battery run out and then when I tried turning it on it gave me the out of power signal. When I plugged it back in it to my computer it gave me the apple and then the non-moving loading circle. It is once again stuck.

10. JMinion thread starter macrumors newbie

11. JMinion thread starter macrumors newbie

So I tried doing the commands for a tethered boot and after the first command it said "Device must be in DFU mode" and wont stop saying that now.

12. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Did you put it into DFU?

13. JMinion thread starter macrumors newbie

14. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

That is different. Now, if you want to tethered boot it up. It needs to go into DFU again.

15. JMinion thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, but when I try to put it into DFU right now nothing happens.

16. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You have to keep trying. You might as well try to install a lower iOS for an untethered jb while you're in DFU.

17. JMinion thread starter macrumors newbie

how can i do that if iTunes doesn't recognize it?