iPhone 4 won't connect to home Wi-Fi - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dealmaker, Nov 13, 2011.

1. dealmaker macrumors regular

Guys,

Got a problem with an iPhone 4 that simply will not connect to our home Wi-Fi!!

Some background - we have 3 x iPhone 4 in the house - and 1 X iPhone 4S

The network is two Apple Extremes and a few Airport Express units.

The phone in question will connect to external Wi-Fi networks - it will connect to another Wi-Fi network we have in the house...BUT not the main network.

Every other phone is fine - and they all have the same settings and updated 5..0.1 - etc - this phone has been a problem even before IOS5 - and its just bizarre - as it will connect elsewhere. If I was to take it to the Apple store I'm confident it wold connect to their network and they'd say "theres nothing wrong with it"??

SO I am at my wits end with this phone! I've tried restoring it twice - I've tried re-setting the network - the network has the latest firmware - I have tried forgetting the offending network and re-joining - I've tried everything!

When I try to join the network it asks for the password - then the circle thing just churns away but never connects or gets the "tick"

Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks!!

2. dealmaker thread starter macrumors regular

3. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Does the other iDevices have any problem forgetting the network and reconnect?

4. dealmaker thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have any problems with the other iPhones (or 2 iPads and iPod touch etc ) - only the one iphone??

5. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

I've never heard of anything like this. I'll look around and see if I can find anything for you

6. JOFONON macrumors newbie

Dealmaker help me too !!!

I have exactly the same problem. Tried the various fixes. No joy. Have you fixed it yet ? Thankyou

7. rohostudio macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. I was able to connect again to my home Airport wifi by shutting down my iPhone, turning it back on, and quitting all open apps -- in that order. Don't know if shutting down and re-starting did the trick or if quitting the open apps did it, but I was immediately connected to my wifi.