Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnyz1245

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2005
This began yesterday morning. I was at breakfast and tried to get my email for work. I normally just hit the email tab and whatever is new on the comcast server shows up on my phone. This morning...nothing. No matter how many times I did it it just stayed on the last msg downloaded from last night. When I got home a couple hours later and checked comcast webmail from my laptop, I had 30 new msgs.

So, I deleted the account on my phone and set it up again. NOW, it downloads the 25 msgs at a time BUT the last date is Sept 20 2010. It only pulls msgs from a month ago ?!?!

I called apple, they said it's comcast issue. I called comcast, they say its apples issue.

I restored settings this morning doing a complete reset of phone and erasing all data. Still same thing.

I can send and receive emails from gmail etc. Its only my comcast.net account that will not retrieve new msgs and is stuck in last month? The tough thing is that its where all my work email goes so I need to have access to it on my phone.

I am totally confused.

Help!!

mgamber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Comcast definitely changed something at their end. Until about two days ago I was able to use their app to check mail, voice mail, call list (I use them for the landline, also) and so on. After that, mail works and nothing else. Instead, I get a message telling me that I need to be a Comcast customer to use Comcast services. Considering what I pay every month, I'm not sure if I could be more of a Comcast customer so I emailed in a report today. I suspect they'll contact me about it some time in March.

Even when it did work "correctly" their app wasn't right. The badge on the icon would indicate that I had 100+ emails. When I started the app it would show that I had 100+ but there would only be a couple listed that hadn't been read. I'd bring one up and the badge would disappear entirely. Bizarre.

mohangbits

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2010
mostly comcat issue.

The other mail providers doesn't have this issue. I sync Outlook Mail, GMail, Yahoo on my iPhone. Everything works fine for me..

hahnelju

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2010
comcast on iphone won't download

I'm having the exact same issue with my comcast emails not downloading on my iphone. Started on Monday Oct 29th. Says it can't find the server, but my yahoo is working fine, and my comcast emails are loading on the website. So it appears to be either an iphone issue or a comcast issue not sending to iphone. They are loading in my outlook just fine on my desktop.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
this happened to me, but on verizon and on my MBP. verizon insists it's not them, but my email worked fine before starting to use their service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.