iPhone 4 won't find any Bluetooth devices

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Black993, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Black993 macrumors member

My new 16gb iPhone 4 refuses to find any bluetooth devices.

BT is turned on on iPhone
    BT is on and discoverable from the two devices I have tried

iPhone just continually searches, but never finds anything. Previous iPhone 3g worked just fine.

Trying to connect to my Sony BT stereo in the car, or my Blackberry Bold work phone.

Any ideas? Haven't seen much about BT on the new phone.

2. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Just got my phone today, and it found my jawbone icon just fine. Found it real quick. I know doesnt it help but does show works on some.

3. vegastime macrumors regular

I have not tried my bluetooth, but, one of my co-workers can not get his to work in his car. He has a Ford with the Sync system. I don't think he has tried anything else.

4. TemeculaMac macrumors regular

I know you don't want to hear this, but it works for me. I've paired it with our NAV in my wife's car, the NAV in my truck, and the bluetooth set in my car. No issues on any of them.

Hopefully you'll get it working!

5. Torq macrumors regular

It could simply be incompatible with the car stereo, though that seems unlikely if the 3G worked. Not sure what you were trying to connect it to a Blackberry for ... which profile were you thinking of using?

It could be an issue with the phone of course.

So far, I've successfully paired my iPhone 4 with:

JawBone Icon
    Motorola SD-9
    Aston Martin Vantage
    Range Rover

6. AnotherLabRat macrumors newbie

Same here. It connects to my car stereo for PHONE only. Audio Bluetooth no longer works.

It's said to say, but I'm really starting to miss my 3g. I hope they fix this soon.