iPhone 4 won't import to iPhoto

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ryguy2303, Sep 7, 2010.

1. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

I am studying abroad right now and I am using my iPhone 4 as one of my cameras and I tried to import them into iphoto and it will only import 1 or 2 before it freezes and then I have to force quit iPhoto.
    I know this may be more of an iPhoto-related question but I wasn't sure where to post it, sorry.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried turning off/on laptop and iPhone 4 and I have held cmd +option when opening iPhoto and selected all options to 'restore' or whatever the options were, but nothing helped. Also, I already have photos in my library so I would prefer not to lose them.

Thanks

2. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

I had the same problem the other night.

First try and set iTunes so that it doesn't activate when you plug in the iPhone - it could be conflict between those two (iTunes/your iphone settings)

Also try and use Image Capture to download the photos rather than iPhoto (do a spotlight seach to find.)

3. ryguy2303 thread starter macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

Thanks for the help and the suggestion. Sadly it didn't help :(. In fact, now, on my first click, iPhoto freezes and stays like that for no matter how long I leave it. I have also tried to start a new library but the same thing happened.

I don't mean to sound desperate but I think I truly am, since my phone is filling up quickly with pictures that I'd like to import :(

Any other suggestions, anyone?

4. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

5. ryguy2303 thread starter macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

Yes. I can now get it from the phone to the computer using Image Capture, however iPhoto is still giving me some trouble. Not sure what to do.. I don't really have time to take it in to the nearest apple store (about 1.5 hours away). :confused::(

6. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

In what way? You should be able to drag the files over to iPhoto and install them that way. If they come through black (or white) then try rebuilding the library.

7. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Do you have a iPhoto library backup?

What happens if you drag the photos into iPhoto?

Have you tried just calling Apple assuming you're under warranty?

8. ryguy2303 thread starter macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

I can open iPhoto fine, without any problems. But the second I click ANYTHING in iPhoto.app, I get the beach ball and I have to force quit the app. I cannot import photos.

I do not have a phone at the moment, so even though I am under warranty with AppleCare, I cannot phone them.

Is there any way to reinstall iPhoto or something along those lines? Maybe run a diagnostic for it?:confused:

9. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

I thought you had an iPhone 4?

Try repairing permissions using Disc Utility (Applications/Utilities/Disc Utility). Sorry, running out of ideas!

10. ryguy2303 thread starter macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

Haha, yeah, I do have an iPhone 4, but I am trying to avoid international fees.
    I tried repairing disk permissions and that didn't help.

11. ryguy2303 thread starter macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

Sorry to bump, but does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Thanks