Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blingster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2010
Ok so recently I've bought the Iphone of a friend, it's an Iphone 4, 16Gb..

I didn't have no SIM card because he kept it (idk why) so I activated it.. worked fine.. I decided to jailbreak it also and install things with cydia.. nothing much, only winterboard, installous and w/e..

BUT I decided to reset the Iphone, reset completly all the settings and memory, complete reset! Reset is done, the red indicator for recharge appears..

Ok so I recharge it, the grey apple logo appears.. the loading circle appears.. kind of laggy turning.. I'm waiting...... Goes back to the red recharge indicator! Then apple logo... non-stop! :mad:

It won't open! It always does that! I tried doing the power / home thing, it only restarted.. Ans since its not configurated with Itunes because I reset it, I can't restore it...

Please help me!! It suuuuuucks I paid my birthday money for this IPhone! :mad:

Thank you..

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You have to put it in to DFU mode (Google it) then iTunes will see it and allow you to restore it.

Blingster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2010
DFU doesn't word

When i put it in DFU mode it just restarts, Itunes pops-up but doesn't recongnize my Iphone... A little window of Itunes says : Itunes did not recognize this Iphone, you should try to restore it..

Blingster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2010
It worked!

Thank you! I didn't do the DFU mode correctly! Now it's restoring, thank you very much! :):D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.