Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JJBro1

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2009
Suddenly my itunes is telling that my iphone needs to be restored. I went to go restore it but I don't see the option that says restore from backup. I don't want to lose all my stuff and start over again, so what is it thats not letting me restore from my backup? Is there another way? Im on lion.

Eager Beaver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2011
Chicago, IL
Suddenly my itunes is telling that my iphone needs to be restored. I went to go restore it but I don't see the option that says restore from backup. I don't want to lose all my stuff and start over again, so what is it thats not letting me restore from my backup? Is there another way? Im on lion.

You click restore first, (don't worry), it downloads the latest software and installs it -
When done with that, it will ask you if you want to restore it to one of your restore dates, and then u just select which one, and it puts all that info on ur phone -

JJBro1

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2009
You click restore first, (don't worry), it downloads the latest software and installs it -
When done with that, it will ask you if you want to restore it to one of your restore dates, and then u just select which one, and it puts all that info on ur phone -
well it tells me to restore AND update but I don't want to update. How do I restore without updating?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.