iPhone 4 won't restore from my 3GS back up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Queen of Spades, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

No matter what I try, I cannot get my iPhone 4 to restore from my last 3GS back up.

I updated all of my software. iTunes is also recognizing my phone as a 3GS, dunno if that's a problem or not.

This is annoying and I don't know what else to try. I need all of my contacts, notes, text messages, etc.

Any help or advice? Thanks in advance.

2. jisaac macrumors member

I'm having a similar problem - anyone have a solution?

3. connfamily macrumors member

I'm just getting a blank screen that says Iphone. There isn't anything in the window and no way to sync or do anything.

4. Queen of Spades thread starter macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

To be more specific:

I restore the iPhone 4, and then select "restore from a back up." It acts like it's doing it, but it restores in like 3 seconds, and then none of my information is on the iPhone.

I managed to get it to restore from an old back up (April), but I'm annoyed because I'm missing quite a few numbers.

Still trying to figure it out. Worst case scenario, I'll see if I can dissect the later back ups and find the contacts file, and just manually add the files I'm missing.

This is aggravating though, since I specifically backed up just before I got rid of my 3GS.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm not sure what the problem is with your backup, but didn't you sync contacts and notes and whatever else you can sync (no solution for text messages, but that's Apple's fault)?

6. Damagecase13 macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anyone fixed this issue? I just got my iPhone 4 today and it wont let me restore from my 3g backup.