iPhone 4 wont start, please help!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by symtex420, Oct 18, 2011.

1. symtex420 macrumors newbie

I was on my way to work this morning and was having problems with my phone. I have iOS 5 and have jailbroken it (tethered) with redsn0w. It was like 4:30 am and didnt think about needing to connect it to a computer to boot. So I got to work and went to reboot my phone with redsn0w, and it is stuck at the black screen. It will not turn on. I have held the power and home buttons for multiple minutes and cannot get it to the Apple logo. It is stuck at the black screen. I have tried holding power and home and plugging it into iTunes, and still nothing. It doesn't want to seem to turn on at all. Now I'm freaking out. Has anyone ever encountered this? I always try everything I can before posting in a forum, but now I am desperate. Please help!! Thank you!!

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

YOu don't need to hold both buttons to bring it back up, turn it on normally using the power button. Once the apple logo shows up boot with redsn0w.

You said you tried "everything"...what exactly is "everything"?
    reboot the computer, make sure itunes is the latest, use a different computer, another USB cable, re-download redsn0w.

3. symtex420 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for your response. I cannot get the apple logo to show up. No matter how long I hold the power button, or the power button and the home button. I am not getting a response on the phone. iTunes is not recognizing it when I plug it in. Also, I did try to jailbreak it again with redsn0w, but it is not able to get into DFU mode, thus not able to connect with redsn0w. The screen is just staying black. I am not getting an apple logo or anything. I know I cant take it into an Apple store because it is jailbroken. I really dont know what to do or how to solve this issue. Any advice?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You just have to press the power button once, not hold it, but I ma guessing you already tried that.

are you 100% sure that the battery is still alive, plug it to the wall and let it charge for a bit.

You can go ahead and take it to the Apple Store, they need to bring it alive before they can tell if the iphone is JB or not, and even then all they "may" do is to void your warranty (chances are they won't). You still will get your phone either back alive or replace.

5. symtex420 thread starter macrumors newbie

One thing I just realized I left out....I pulled my phone off the charger this morning, so I know it is fully charged. When I turned it off and restarted it, it went to the Apple logo, hung for a few minutes, , and it seemed to go into a boot loop for a few minutes before going to the black screen. I am new to the iPhone, coming from a Driod, and absolutely love this phone. While it was in that boot loop I was driving to work so I couldnt really watch it completely, but I did see the Apple logo hang for a little bit, and it seemed to restart itself and go back to the Apple logo. Not really sure how many times it did that before going to the black screen it is stuck at now. Not sure if that information would help with my issue or not. I guess if worse comes to worse I will find an Apple store in my area. I really appreciate your help, maturola! If you know of anything else I can try before going to the Apple store, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again maturola!!

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Seen to be to be stuck on a boot loop, you should be able to put it on DCU mode and do a restore using iTunes. Maybe it is just on DFU mode already, try different computer and re run Redsn0w using the Boot Only Option.... (make sure Redsn0w is pointing to the right ipsw)

7. symtex420 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately when I run Redsn0w and click on jailbreak, or even just boot from the extras menu, I get the error message that it could not detect my phone when going through the steps to put it in DFU mode. I tried a program to see if it would kick it out of DFU mode (in case it was stuck in that mode) and nothing happened. When in DFU mode, iTunes still detects that it an iPhone is plugged in and is in recovery mode, right? When I start iTunes it does not detect my phone at all.

8. jdaniel macrumors 65816

just use pwnage tool as a timer... and put it into DFU mode I do not trust myself to time correctly so I use that and it never fails if it fails it will tell u if it works it will tell u its in DFU... Then I suggest you just put a normal unadulterated ios5 on it...and leave it be.