iPhone 4 won't start up without reset

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jtharris, Jul 8, 2010.

1. jtharris macrumors newbie

So sometimes I take out my iPhone to do whatever and it's practically dead. Neither the home button not the sleep/wake button do a thing to wake it from its slumber.

I've been having trouble ever sense I got a iPhone 4 on June 23, but it happens infrequently and the problem can't be repeated or easily explained. Tried numerous full restores with setup as a new phone (not restored from backup) within iTunes with no improvement.

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ajTk8tUow

So what do you guys think? Any similar behavior with your phone? If so, have you had it replaced or somehow fixed?

2. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

3. jtharris thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone else with this problem?... I have an appointment tomorrow morning to get it looked at.

It would suck if it's replaced with a phone that has one or more of the other defects, but I guess that's the chance I take getting it replaced.

4. draz macrumors 6502a

5. jtharris thread starter macrumors newbie

That is true, haha. I had 4 original iPhones replaced, so nothing new there.

6. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

i've had this happen to me 2 times now. really stupid problem

7. jtharris thread starter macrumors newbie

Got my iPhone 4 replaced last Friday. Luckily it happened right as I pulled it out to show the "genius."