iPhone 4 won't turn on and the LED light is on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by klemp, Aug 18, 2010.

1. klemp macrumors newbie

Had an iPhone since the launch of the 3G. Upgraded from the 3GS to the 4 on launch as well. Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw there was light shinning on my ceiling. I use my phone as an alarm so its usually next to me or near me while I sleep. I charge it at work and usually don't bother over night. Half asleep, I figure it's either my phone or my laptop. I glance over and the laptop screen is black, so I sleepily search for my phone and hit the lock button. I close my eyes and I still can tell theres light emitting from somewhere. At this point I just click the lock button again with my phone still in my hand. Nothing happens again. So I get up and notice that the led flash light is on, but my phone is off and unresponsive. :confused: I try turning it on, I try holding the lock and home button for a few seconds/minutes. No clue why it's doing this or how to fix it so I have an appointment for later on today. I'm sure the genius bar will be as confused as I am and just replace the phone. The light is slowly getting dimmer and dimmer, but it is resilient and has at least been doing this since 4 am. I think the battery should die sooner or later. But no clue.

Also, has anyone else had problems with the coating on the back of the iPhone 4? Mine sits on my desk, bed, and in my pocket through out the day. I have only ever dropped it once on carpet yet the back case gets scratched up and scuffed very easily. I have a bumper on it, which prevents contact with most surfaces.

2. klemp thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone have any idea what's wrong? -- The LED light is all burnt out now.

And how about the scratches and scuffs on the back, anyone else have that problem?

3. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

have you tried charging it and then resetting again and see what happens?

4. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I have no clue as to what's causing the LED to stay lit.

I have had no scratches on the back of my phone, and I keep it in my pocket the majority of the day, with no case.

5. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Time for a drive to the apple store. Sorry bud.