iPhone 4 won't turn on or show dead battery logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WeaveAndWish, Aug 23, 2014.

1. WeaveAndWish macrumors newbie

So, one day I couldn't find my iphone. I look and look and then I finally find it just sitting on my bed (upper bed). I try to turn it on and it does something weird. If it's dead, it will show the dead battery and the connection sign, but it didn't do it this time. It just stays black. I attempted to do the two button reset but my home button has been messed up for a while, sometimes it works but most times it doesn't. I tried plugging it up and keeping it plugged, nothing changes.

What exactly could be the problem? Is there some way I can open it to fiddle with the home button to maybe try and get that to work? Also, I'm using the OS 6.x not 7

2. dovahkiin691 macrumors newbie

Use a different charger to see if it still doesn't charge, maybe there can be something wrong with the one youre trying now

3. WeaveAndWish thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think that's the problem because the "dead battery" logo doesn't even come on. So I doubt it's the charger.

4. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Try it anyway. Leave it plugged in for at least an hour before trying to turn it on. If an iDevice battery is drained enough, it will not display ANYTHING until the batter gets enough charge. I have had this happen on my iPhone 5.

5. dovahkiin691 macrumors newbie

If your battery is completely drained, the phone will turn on after maybe 5 minutes of charging. If you plugged your phone in and if the screen didnt respond after 5 minutes, you should automatically try a different charger. Do this in order find whats not working, hopefully its your charger and or wire.

6. WeaveAndWish thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried it with several chargers. None of them provided a different result :/