iPhone 4 won't turn on..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by IxWiNdxI, Dec 6, 2010.

1. IxWiNdxI macrumors newbie

I need help.. my iPhone died last week.. It just turned off and my friend brought it back to life for an hour or 2 then died again.. I asked my friend how to do it again, but it won't turn on.

I've tried holding both power and home button and releasing power after 10 seconds.

I've tried plugging it in a restoring it, but while it's restoring it gives me error message 1600.

Any ideas or suggestions?

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Are you sure it has a charge? Plug it into the wall charger (not usb) for at least 3-4 hours.

3. IxWiNdxI thread starter macrumors newbie

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If holding the power button down or a combo of the power+home doesn't work, that sounds like a major hardware problem. Take it to apple.

5. Maria1937 macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me! It was halfway charged and I set it down. About a half hour later I checked the time but my iPhone wouldn't turn on. I tried holding the power button, then the middle button, then both at the same time. All I got was the no battery picture. After that I decided to connect it to the wall charger and that had no effect. I finally decided to try connecting it to my laptop and after about ten minutes I saw the apple light up!! Once that happened, I switched it over to the wall charger to see if that worked and it works perfectly now!! :)
    Hope this doesn't keep happening though :/