Iphone 4 wont turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BooShay, Mar 4, 2011.

1. BooShay, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011

BooShay macrumors newbie

Its been quite the day for me and my iphone! First it doesnt recognize my sim card now it wont turn on lol. I was listening to music then i turned it off then opened it back up, went into MLB at bat 2011 and left it there until it went to sleep. Then went to dinner after dinner was over i tried turning on no dice. Ive held the home button and power no dice! Ive tried doing full restore but it gives me 1600 error! Why in holy hell wont it turn on lol

2. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I think you are in need of a genius.

Unfortunately I'm not one, but they often hang out at Apple stores in blue t-shirts :)

3. BooShay, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011

BooShay thread starter macrumors newbie

fixed it but at a cost! lost everything!!!!!

EDIT: NOPE i didnt fix it!! arrrrgh. did full restore was on then went to restore it and it went black and wont turn on :_(

4. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

- Are you restoring in DFU or normal mode?

- Was the iPhone jailbroken? Are you using PC or Mac?

- When you try to restore where exactly does the error happen? (what step etc.)

5. BooShay thread starter macrumors newbie

Asnwers in bold

6. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Does that mean that, the phone restores successfully and then you try to sync it from your backup to restore its settings and then it goes dead? Or does it mean it says restore complete on iTunes and then the phone turns off? And never turns back on again?

Also was this jailbroken using custom firmware (pwnage tools)?

7. ViPhone macrumors 6502

It it did somehow end up getting restored before it bugged out on ya, you could still manage to take it to a resident Apple genius as someone said above. The risks of a JB'ed iPhone.

8. BooShay thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually got it restored to last weeks save but when i went to turn it well wouldnt. I dont think im using pwnage tools

9. mallom macrumors regular

Did you get it fixed?

It may be a battery problem.. I don't know.. :/

10. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Try setting it up as a new phone. And then sync manually. See if it does anything. Could be something in your old backup that replicates the problem the moment it is on the phone.