Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
So after having a 5 minute phone call, I hung up and went outside. I pulled my phone out to check my email, and it had turned itself off. When I tried to turn it back on, nothing happened. I went back inside, plugged it into my iMac and nothing happened. I then plugged in into the wall charger and nothing happened.

I know that it's just not a dead battery, because the phone had been at 92% when I ended the call I had been on. I already made a Genius Bar appointment (can't get in until tomorrow:mad::mad::mad:), but if anyone has any ideas that would help me avoid talking to Apple's so-called "Geniuses" I'd greatly appreciate it.

BTW, this is a 32GB iPhone 4.

-Don

Finz151

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2009
Hold the sleep button and home button at the same time for about 10 seconds, it should do a hard reset. Then it should turn back on

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Weird, just as I was about to pick the phone up to try your suggestion, it turned itself back on. The Apple logo appeared and the lock screen showed up a few seconds later. I hadn't even touched it for the past few minutes.

Maybe I have a poltergeist in my house. Thanks for the reply though, if it does it again, I'll try your suggestion.

-Don

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.