iPhone 4 work in Ireland if bought in UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jenko, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Jenko macrumors regular

Hi guys, does any one know if the iPhone 4 will work in Ireland if bought in the UK?

2. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

If it's sim free it will work
    None of the uk carriers will work in Ireland.

3. calb macrumors 6502

Yup, you'll need to buy it SIM-free from an Apple store.

4. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

Yeah, just buy Unlocked Unit from apple store or the apple online store. You will good to go.. :)

5. dast1g macrumors regular

dast1g

Yep I live in the south and got an unlocked iPhone 4 from the apple store in Belfast and it works perfect here in the south

6. Jenko thread starter macrumors regular

Great thanks for the information. Do you save a lot of money if you buy it in the UK compared to Ireland. A couple of other things if you have time to answer them do you know which is the better option financially contract or sim free. I am with vodafone at the moment on pay as you go where my monthly spend would be roughly €30 to €40 and the phone is used for both personal and business.

7. dast1g macrumors regular

dast1g

Well my phone was £600(€750) I got it a week after it's official release in the first 5 countries but now apple ireland is selling unlocked ones for €599 and €699. I'm on pay as you go on 02 and I only spend 20 a month to get my free texts but it's cheaper to stay on pay as you go and get the unlocked phone than getting into a contract with a carrier because the price plans are crazy money.

8. Jenko thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks dast1g. So it is not any cheaper to buy it from the UK? With regard tp buying the phone sim free I was hoping that the contract phone would be the better deal as I might find it a little tight financially to buy it at the moment. I will probably wait another month or so to save a bit more. How are you finding the coverage and are you having any problems with the whole antenna reception thing?

9. dast1g macrumors regular

dast1g

No problem. No your better off apple.ie if your going for the simfree one. I have no problems with my phone and I love it. With regards the price plan i think the phone works out at well over a thousand euro but do some research into the price plans and see what works best for you.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Vodafone pay as you go are €589 & €689. Plus you need to spend €120 on top ups before they will unlock.

For €10 get your iPhone from Apple unlocked. Only irritation is the 3 weeks to ship :(

I'm going for an unsubsidized phone as being stuck in a 18month contract is no longer good for me, and likewise the €20 pay as you go topup with free Vodafone - Vodafone calls & texts and the new €12 Vodafone 360 data bundle giving you 100mb per day is more than enough for me and I'll still be left with credit each month. €60 a month just doesn't compare even if it does subsidize the iPhone to €299