Iphone 4

Juugo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
Hi guys.

It may be a silly question, but it is possible to downgrade without having saved SHSH iOS?!

I saw in some forums that were able ..

mutchy126

macrumors regular
May 8, 2011
UK
No, It is not possible, It was 2 or 3 years ago, But not anymore, If you want to save your SHSH, You should use a Program like TinyUmbrella to save the SHSH Blobs for the Firmware you are on now!

TinyUmbrella: http://adf.ly/2EGOu

Comment

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
No, It is not possible, It was 2 or 3 years ago, But not anymore, If you want to save your SHSH, You should use a Program like TinyUmbrella to save the SHSH Blobs for the Firmware you are on now!

TinyUmbrella: http://adf.ly/2EGOu
Tiny umbrella does not save SHSH for the software you are on now. It saves SHSH for the software that Apple is currently signing. eg if you on 4.3.2 and you save SHSH today you will save 4.3.5.

Comment

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Hi guys.

It may be a silly question, but it is possible to downgrade without having saved SHSH iOS?!

You cannot. People that try get stuck.

However, there is a program (strictly for Windows) that allows you to save the SHSH for the current firmware you're currently running even if Apple isn't signing it anymore.

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hi guys.

No, you cant downgrade your firmware version without shsh blobs.
iFaith pulls your shsh blobs out of your current installed firmware but that would only allow you to reinstall the same firmware version, not downgrade.

Comment

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
No, you cant downgrade your firmware version without shsh blobs.
iFaith pulls your shsh blobs out of your current installed firmware but that would only allow you to reinstall the same firmware version, not downgrade.
Great explanation lately there is so many people claiming IFAITH can give you shsh blobs that are not saved to the device.

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.