• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

zoheb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Hi,

This is the story.

I have an iphone 4 on 6.1, the touch on the phone stopped working and it some how automatically managed get it self disabled - connect to iTunes after I repeatedly tried to enter the passcode with the pretty much unresponsive touch.

So I read online that one must simply restore his/her phone with iTunes and wolla it should work again. But the problem is I cant restore.

I keep getting errors upon errors.
3194 ( did the host file thing )
error 21
error 4104
error 11.

I have tried every thing that was recommended by the internet people and the errors just keep appearing one after the other.

I am trying to restore it to the same 6.1 using the shift restore method.

Any idea would be very very helpful ( I have not used my phone in a month:eek:)

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi,

This is the story.

I have an iphone 4 on 6.1, the touch on the phone stopped working and it some how automatically managed get it self disabled - connect to iTunes after I repeatedly tried to enter the passcode with the pretty much unresponsive touch.

So I read online that one must simply restore his/her phone with iTunes and wolla it should work again. But the problem is I cant restore.

I keep getting errors upon errors.
3194 ( did the host file thing )
error 21
error 4104
error 11.

I have tried every thing that was recommended by the internet people and the errors just keep appearing one after the other.

I am trying to restore it to the same 6.1 using the shift restore method.

Any idea would be very very helpful ( I have not used my phone in a month:eek:)

You can only restore to the most current version of iOS unless you have SHSH blobs saved. If you don't have those, you're out of luck.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.