iPhone 4G Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hNicolas, Jun 7, 2010.

1. hNicolas macrumors 6502

hNicolas

Regarding upgrade eligibility, I can't wait to see what Rogers has to offer this time around with competition from Bell and Telus. My 1 year old 3GS probably won't qualify, but I hope I can get a full upgrade discount for my wife's 2 year old 3G. Any thoughts?

2. zunairryk macrumors regular

3. hNicolas thread starter macrumors 6502

hNicolas

2 lines, average over $220.00 per month. If I can't get a good deal, I'll cancel and buy the new one no contract!

4. profets macrumors 68040

Rogers was pretty good about it last year. If you had purchased the iPhone 3G from the year before, and your bill for Rogers services was close to $100/month, then they let you upgrade to the 3GS for 199/299. Otherwise you could upgrade for 449/549.

We'll have to see though. Curious what Bell and Telus will do as I think they don't let you upgrade until 6 months left on your contract.

5. HommePomme macrumors member

Yeah that was great! The only problem last year was that they announced it the night before, so employees were very confused, and their system (as usual) was down, because this upgrade required a phone call...

Crossing my fingers for same deal this year! :p

6. taran420 macrumors 6502a

And just because of that confusion I was able to purchase te phone outright for $700 + tax. Then apple refunded me $500+ tax while they only shouldn't given me $250. And the best part is my account is eligible for a upgrade because techincally I haven't upgraded since 3G :)

here's hoping for the same luck

7. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

I sold my 3G last week so I too am hoping for a speedy rollout of the 4G on Rogers :) Otherwise I'll have to pick one up off contract next week when I'm in the US.

8. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Rogers isn't gonna waste anytime rolling out the 4th gen. Neither will Telus or Bel probably.

If one carrier lags on releasing the phone, it'll be certain that the other will pick up more subscribers.

9. HommePomme macrumors member

Nice, I had the pleasure of waiting for 2 days after launch to get the phone that I had lined up for on day one :(

Regardless, it's an awesome offer and I hope they bring it back.