iPhone 4G design that even Steve Jobs could approve

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
If they look like that I'm getting an Android. I'm so BORED with the same iPhone form factor. It's been three years - I want something truly different not something that's essentially the same but a bit thinner/wider/longer/whatever.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Not only does that look really cool, who spent all those hours desiging something that may never be, interesting link though.

jayenh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2008
wow, i want that lock and home screen. is that a winterboard theme?

i dont like the circle around the apple logo, otherwise its alright. but i would still prefer to see brushed metal back with a black apple logo.

arctic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2008
Ewwww... they look like those rip off iPhones which serve as mp3 players you see in Chinatown.

I like the icons and home interface, though, despite the iPad wallpaper rip-off.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
For the most part, I like the concept. However, I would just make the Apple logo the flash rather than adding the ring around it.

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
If they look like that I'm getting an Android. I'm so BORED with the same iPhone form factor. It's been three years - I want something truly different not something that's essentially the same but a bit thinner/wider/longer/whatever.
Maybe that's why Steve Jobs could approve the design? SJ would never approve a significant change (if any) from the current design.

FSMBP

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2009
How does your boredom exactly warrant change in form/functionality? The iPhone's hardware is as minimal as it gets and that's the point. You can't exactly change much except thinness (like you said).

You're getting an Android because the iPhone's shape is 'boring' is hilarious. The reasons people use/like iPhones are the ecosystem it has with apps/music/video/books/synching and its easy UI.

Any phone can look good (HTC) but functionality of the hardware/software is key.

gt40x4

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2010
England
I think it should be as thin as the ipod touch but look like the ipad with all aluminum back and a big 4 inch or more screen, a 2ghz processor and 64 gigs, with a front and back facing cameras and available for every carier.