Iphone 4G Prototypes Already Out!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eliteneo, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eliteneo macrumors member

Anyone else read the article on how the man killed himself after he lost his prototype iphone 4g? He was one of the Developers on it, and he lost one of the iphone 4g's that he was responsible for and he killed him self because of it. Wow. So that means there is an iphone 4g out there...

2. ant131531 macrumors member

Atm, i can't see that being possible unless Apple is willing to go to verizon or sprint because of the fact that sprint is already rolling out the 4G network and verizons plans to in late 2010. Maybe I'm wrong though, and yes i did read this story so i do know what you are talking about.

3. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

4. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

iphone 4g means forth generation iphone.. not an iphone using 4th genreration mobile networks.

5. ant131531 macrumors member

6. samcraig macrumors P6

I got news for you. Having worked in the cellular phone industry for a MAJOR player - there could easily be iphone 4g, 5g and 6g prototypes already made. That doesn't really mean anything more than they are playing with possible designs, etc. Often companies will prototype their products and forecast/create an evolution of a product years in advance.

That's not to say there aren't changes or complete overhauls to the original plan. Just saying that it's no surprise there's a 4g prototype at this point in the lifecycle.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

8. mak10 macrumors regular

yup, like 3 weeks ago....

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, I was wondering why this wasn't immediately wastelanded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.