iPhone 4G Release Confirmed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Theophany, May 18, 2010.

1. Theophany macrumors 6502a

Theophany

Obviously Apple are being very tight-lipped, as per usual, and saying nothing with regard to the release of the new iPhone. But I've just gotten off the phone with Orange (UK service provider, iPhone 3G/3GS carrier) with a query about switching my SIM to a micro-SIM for the new iPhone.

The lady on the other end said I absolutely could, but asked if I was aware that they wouldn't be stocking the device until June. I asked if this was for sure and not just Internet speculation she'd read and she confirmed it.

Now obviously, I'm not going to reveal her name because it could potentially land her in hot water and I was very appreciative of her help, but as far as I am aware there is no OFFICIAL confirmation of the phone's release...

Thoughts, anyone? :confused:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It's pretty safe to say the G4 is going to be released in "June." "When" in June is the question.

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

There has been no official confirmation, and if there was one, it wouldn't come from a CSR at Orange. ;)

4. Theophany thread starter macrumors 6502a

Theophany

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is the de facto official confirmation, by any means, but it would suggest one of two things:

• Everybody lies, House's theory is confimed yet again. Or...
    • Orange employees have been informed through official channels that the iPhone will be released on a specific date, something which you'd be hard-pushed to get from an Apple retail store employee.

Now, if it is the latter, it's good enough confirmation for those of us not connected, i.e. the masses!

5. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

She lied. She went off the release schedule for the last 3 years. Shes probably right, but she lied.

6. camperdown9 macrumors regular

London, England & Chatillon-Sur-Seine, France
    She has just guessed. I mean if any mobile phone company had told their staff the date, then it would be leaked everywhere. Someone at Orange might know when the next iPhone will go on sale, but "if" they do it won't be at customer service level and they will be keeping their mouth tightly shut.

Alex

7. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Trust me, if it doesn't come straight from Steve Jobs ... no one is going to believe you. Especially if it comes from a carrier store manager you met at a pizza joint.

8. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

im pretty sure we knew it was june. i want the full date!!!!

9. Theophany thread starter macrumors 6502a

Theophany

[​IMG]

I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything, I'm merely relaying information I received today. The hell are you blathering about?

On a more general note, seeing as we've actually had confirmation of nothing, insofar as that Apple have confirmed nothing and everybody saying "lol we alredy new it was june lol" actually means "well, we are to assume it is June, based on rumours and historical evidence, though we cannot be 100% sure", I assumed this may have been of some interest to some individuals. Oddly enough, I do understand that CSRs are not likely to be kept privy to highly sensitive information, but based on the fact that at least two iPhones have already gone walkabouts and this entire episode has been a total nightmare for Apple's usual secrecy, not a great deal would surprise me at this point. Plus, it wouldn't be the first time the lowly lot have information ahead of expected schedules.

But yes, I am aware that this is not a dead-cert PR announcement from Apple, but then again, I never said it was. (?)