Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
If those leaks are real, why would Apple do something so un-Apple by incorporating the seams?

Seems so not Apple.

Also i think the tapered surface in the current iPhone made it look thinner while this new look from the leaked 4G's makes it appear bulkier.

And furthermore I believed Apple wanted to catch up with the competition by making higher res screens? Seems just the same.

No?

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
There's a theory that the seams are actually rubber. If so, that would help protect the phone from a drop, distributing some of the impact to help prevent cracked screens.

I actually don't mind the seams — especially if they're there for a specific purpose like that.

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
If those leaks are real, why would Apple do something so un-Apple by incorporating the seams?

Seems so not Apple.

Also i think the tapered surface in the current iPhone made it look thinner while this new look from the leaked 4G's makes it appear bulkier.

There are at least two other threads on this right now.

And furthermore I believed Apple wanted to catch up with the competition by making higher res screens? Seems just the same.

No?

No. Higher resolution ≠ larger screen.
The iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS screens are 480x320.
The 4th gen is rumored to be double the resolution, 960x640.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.