Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huynguyen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2009

v15.jpg

v13.jpg

v12.jpg

Link: http://sohoa.vnexpress.net/SH/Dien-thoai/Smartphone/2010/05/3B9B2483/

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
Kinda reminds me of the 1st gen iPod Nano.

haha it totally does! never realized it until u said so!

I dunno bout the new design, personally I like the 3G/3GS style better...

but the new design is still a bit sexy, dont get me wrong :D

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
I'm not quite sure how I feel about the "new" iPhone. I like how it looks but I cant get over the seams, they look very out of place. I'm currently in the process of getting a second 3GS (it was a really good deal cos of a voided warranty) which I may choose to keep as an iDroid phone when that becomes a stable option. I doubt I will own the 4th iPhone as I am a student and Apple products are really expensive here.

Overall, I like the new design but I think it might be uncomfortable with its sharp edges.

northernbaldy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2010
the north, UK
I'm not quite sure how I feel about the "new" iPhone. I like how it looks but I cant get over the seams, they look very out of place. I'm currently in the process of getting a second 3GS (it was a really good deal cos of a voided warranty) which I may choose to keep as an iDroid phone when that becomes a stable option. I doubt I will own the 4th iPhone as I am a student and Apple products are really expensive here.

Overall, I like the new design but I think it might be uncomfortable with its sharp edges.

SEAMS!!!

seam_horse.jpg

shamelessly stolen from b3ta

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
I love the new design, love it's exact shape, square-blocky, industrial design.

I love it's front and back are completely flush without having anything wrapped around them.

Hooksta

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2008
I'll likely be getting the new model for two reasons. My 3G contract is up this summer and the battery life of my 3G has dropped off tremendously over the last couple of months. I'm sure its because of how I used it....I'd let the battery get down to 40% and then charge it rather than running it out.

As for the new design...I like it fine. It should make texting on a flat surface a lot easier.

angevil

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
I prefer the new one, it`s beautiful, sleek, sexy, looks very sturdy.

P.S. I couldn`t care less about the seams, I don`t understand why many people are obsessing about that.

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
The new one all the way....seams and all!...

the 3GS is still a nice piece of design, but the new one looks super sleek, plus definitely fits in with the unibodies:D

I can see it now, my uMBP, silver 5G nano and iPhone 4:cool:

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
I love the new design. Bring it on.
Yes, I agree. Finally something different. It's more Apple-like, in my opinion. I already didn't understand it why people hated it when people thought it was a fake Chinese one. I like the design, it's thin and it's something totally different: I really love it.

I like the fact that there are seperate buttons for volume, but the onliest thing I don't like about that is that those buttons are not so nice.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
The new one kind of looks like a Nokia. Not sure if I'm liking it or not.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Ditto for me on the 3GS looking much better then the new design, also I never had an issue with my White plastic case cracking, then again I baby mine to death.

:rolleyes:

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
As much as I love the new design, I don't see the point of the seams... That kills it for me, doesn't seem like an Ive design to me.

phrint

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Ohio
I think the new design is much better than the 3GS. It brings the iPhone in line with the other Mac products in terms of looks.

However, it's what's inside that will have the Android fanboys saying how much better the EVO is in terms of specs. Just wait. It's coming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.