iphone 4gb or 8gb ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mates, Nov 2, 2007.

1. mates macrumors newbie

So I snagged a iphone 4gb a few days ago when they were put up on the refurbish site. I figured I have a 30gb ipod video so 4gb would be perfect for on the go music. I checked my shipping date and see that it's arriving on the 8th. Color me excited.So I mentioned to my friend that I was getting the 4gb iphone and she told me that she was picking up an 8gb iphone on sunday for my birthday. So what should I do? Should I get the 8gb as a gift? If so what should I do with the 4gb model as it's already on it's way? If I never open the box do I still get charged a restocking fee or is it better just to sell online?What do you guys think?

2. BlueCan macrumors newbie

Depends on how much music you want to carry with you.

I would probably try to return the refurb, myself. Of course, I've GOT the 8G (with about 2G of music on it and lots of space).

3. mates thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I think I'll return the 4gb when it arrives. I checked the apple store and all unopened hardware will be fine with no restocking fee. Just curious as to what the refund time will be as I ordered it with my visa debit card. Anyone here with some return experience?

4. infosprt macrumors regular

I think the return period for a full refund is 14 days from the date is was shipped. You should call Apple though to make sure.

5. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

I bought a 4gb before they said they were gonna stop making them. I still have about 2gb of space on mine. But I'm more of the "put what Im in the mood for" kind of guy. I have more video clips than anything on mine, plus a million pictures, need to get in the habit of unloading that stuff more often.

By the way, what kind of friends do you have that just buy 8gb iphones for you? I need some new friends, hah! All my friends just ask to play with my phone every time I see them and even now, a few months after having it, they still drool over it...

6. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I would keep the 8GB and get rid of the 4GB since Apple is no longer making the 4GB. With 3rd party apps coming in February, you are going to want that extra 4 gigs for apps. I always look at it this way... No matter what the storage, eventually there is going to be a way for you to fill it up. Go with the 8GB and sell or return the 4GB.

7. mates thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, my friends rule. I guess being charming and nice once in a while pays off. I'm going to get the 8gb on sunday then. I wish I could just tell the fed-ex truck to turn around and go back to cali. I guess next time apple puts up some refurbished 4gb's mine will find a good home. The good thing is that they shipped the case I ordered from New Jersey so I know have the case I wanted. Just need the iphone to put in it.

8. demonlj macrumors newbie

hi mates, when did you buy the REFURBISHED IPHONE 4G?
    I'm so confused, the refurbished iphone has been remove from the apple online store. And I wanna know, if there is any refurbished 4g iphone in apple store now?

9. mates thread starter macrumors newbie

bought it a few days ago. I think they update the apple store on tuesdays and there they were.I checked the refurbish widget and they popped up.