Iphone 4GS prototype pictures leaked.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhonelover72, Jul 19, 2011.

1. iPhonelover72 macrumors newbie

iPhonelover72

Ok usually I wouldn't pay heed to these loads of prototype pictures, but this one struck to me as odd due to that itunes screenshot/picture whatever. Forgive me for sounding dumb, but do you guys believe that this is the new iPhone 4GS? Cuz if its a 4GS, then there would be minimal design changes and the prototype seems to fit these perfectly.

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Pretty sure something similar to this was posted the other day, with a bigger photo of the iTunes screen showing it was running iOS 4.0. Also, I believe the iTunes icon for the iPhone is actually a first gen iPod touch.

Edit: The pic I'm referring to is the first one on Apple.pro link in the article.

3. iPhonelover72 thread starter macrumors newbie

iPhonelover72

I am guessing these might be actual (real) leaked photos of the iPhone since I am seeing these alot on other tech sites too.

4. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Sorry, I forgot to mention in my previous post that many people here considered these to be fake (ie: not the iPhone 5) mainly because of the firmware it was running.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This was already discussed 2 days ago

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/17/iphone-4gs-test-device-photos/

Correct.

A newer generation prototype wouldn't be running on iOS 4.0, not to mention the serial number makes this device very old (2009 prototype).

6. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Not to mention the serial # they found in the iTunes uncropped photo's indicated it was probably an iPhone 4 prototype and not 4GS.

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

The thumbnail was a Touch, it didn't even have the earpiece. :p Nor did it look remotely like the iPhone 4/the phone that was pictured.

8. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

And who's to say that this wasn't in development 1-2 years ago? The i4 was in development right after the 3G hit the markets, meaning that it could have had a serial number that old. Also, WHAT iOS software do you think they've been using to test the new iPhone? iOS 5 Beta 1 was hardly usable and that just came out recently, thus they had to use some sort of iOS to field test the phone. I'm not saying you are right or wrong, just playing devils advocate.

Maybe, but how would we know the difference right now?

It's too hard to tell given how dark the photo is. Furthermore, remember how the i4 internals were tested in a 3GS shell? Maybe this is no different!

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I suppose, but this still seems fishy. :p

10. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm guessing you haven't seem my picture:

Attached Files: