iPhone 4S: 16GB or 32GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 999blb, Jul 23, 2012.

1. 999blb macrumors member

Hey everyone.

I was thinking of purchasing an iPhone 4S off of eBay, but then I had a problem. I'm not sure what size I should get!

I currently have an iPod touch 32GB 4th Gen because the 8GB was too little for my needs. I have about 2.1 GB of music, 3 GB of apps. Off the top of my head, I have about 6 or 7 GB of content on it right now.

What capacity should I get? I plan to use the phone for 2 or 3 years.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Going bigger is always a wise investment. You can probably find a 32GB iPhone for the same price as a 16GB one on eBay if you hit the auctions at the right time.

3. 999blb thread starter macrumors member

I usually try to do buy it now because I dislike when I lose auctions on a good quality item :3

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

really depends. Everything is becoming cloud storage, so i find myself using less and less actual phone storage.

5. Ryno76 macrumors member

get a 64gb! lol...i'm just kidding...it kinda depends on what you think your usage is gonna be. I take a lot of videos of my son and that eats up space, also keeping movies on the phone too. it sounds like you don't use alot of space on your ipod, so maybe save a few bucks and go with the 16gb. if you ever need more space you can always get an external drive to expand your storage space. I have a Kingston Wi-Drive and house all my sons cartoon tv shows on it for when we go on long drives or on vacation...
    i'm horrible at deleting things off of my phone, so i always get the higher GB....but if you arent like me, then you'll probably be ok with just a 16gb...for now. :D

6. Offspring992 macrumors member

7. JerseyDoug macrumors regular

LOL!

But, yeah. I have 16. Wish I had 32 because I want all my tunes on the phone. Don't want to be using data even though I have iTunes match

8. blackbirdz macrumors member

Depends on how you use your phone

If you use your phone mainly for phone and business use - 16GB should be enough. What I mean with 'phone & business use' are Message, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, etc, etc - these don't take much storage. However if you use it for lots of movie recording, buy 32 or even 64GB. I have 16GB with around 20-30 light game apps (to kill times when I'm on the plane or travel) and I still have plenty of space available. In summary - movie recording is the thing that take lots of storage.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I went with the 16GB thinking I would just iTunes match everything. I learned quickly that eats up a lot of data. I listen to about an hour of music a day while running and/or biking, where wifi obviously isn't an options. Pandora seems really efficient, and I am hoping Apple does some sort of compression (optional) in the future. With the next iPhone, assuming it wows me, I will probably just get the 64GB and not have to worry. That will allow me to load some videos and such for when I fly for work and visit family a couple times a year.

10. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

16 is plenty for me, but I have a separate mp3 player meaning no music on my phone. So if you think you'll need more then 16 then obviously get the 32...

11. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

32GB, I resent not getting a 32GB when I got my 4.

12. 999blb thread starter macrumors member

I got an iPhone 4S 16GB, even though I really wanted a 32GB. It was such a deal. It's basically new, and I got it for $350. That's a steal, comparing it to the used ones going for $400 and above. I should be fine with that amount hopefully.