iPhone 4s 16gig.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdzProductions, Oct 6, 2011.

1. AdzProductions macrumors newbie

I keep seeing that the majority of people are going for the 32 or 64 model.

I am not against this however it just disheartens me a little bit and I feel I may be making the wrong choice. Don't get me wrong lol I own two iDevices the first ever ipod nano (lol) and a first gen ipad. the nano has 4gig of space and I have used 3 gig of it, the iPad has 32 and have used about 17gig. Most of which are apps (10gig of them).

Basically I am just wondering if anyone out there is getting the 16 gig model and what are your reasons for doing so?

2. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I will be getting a 16GB model.

Reason: iCloud

I have a 16GB iPad and have not ever passed the 1/2 full threshold. That includes 700 of my favorite (5 star rated) songs. With iCloud, I'm not sure I would ever need any more space than that.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

You better hope you have Wi-Fi available every time you want to use iCloud.

4. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Touche.

I work from home, so that is not an issue for me. I would assume that the average user won't need to download gigs upon gigs of data from iCloud each month, but I can see how that might be a problem given data caps.

5. THE dAY macrumors 6502

The 720P video cam on the iPhone 4 took ~4.5 gigs for an hour of recording. The 1080P recording on the 4S should take up much more.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 4S took up 8GB for an hour worth of recording.

Also the 16GB actually has 14GB of space and it can fill up fast.

If you want to take a lot of video and keep it on your phone then I would recommend atleast the 32GB otherwise the 16GB should be fine.

6. Martlets93 macrumors member

Martlets93

Hmmm. Maybe I should bump up. My 16GB 3GS still has 10GB free, though, and I've had it for over 2 years.