iPhone 4S 5.0.1 Recovery Mode HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rgibson57, Jan 26, 2012.

1. rgibson57 macrumors newbie

I jailbroke my iPhone 4S yesterday with the recently released GreenPoison release. All was well and working until I installed the wrong Dreamboard Theme that made my iPhone inoperable but still functioning. I went to restore it to the backup I had made yesterday but when I go to iTunes all I receive is an error 21 telling me my iPhone cannot be restored.

I've tried reinstalling iTunes.
    I'm unable to enter DFU mode.

All my screen shows is the "Connect to iTunes" graphic.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME!

2. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

I think that is because u have used tiny umbrella and need to delete some stuff from the host file...

3. rgibson57 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya... That didn't work

4. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

Have you used tiny umbrella?

if so, go to your host file and delete the **** tiny umbrella creates... then try to restore again

5. rgibson57 thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! I had tried Redsn0w's version of "Fix Recovery" but it told me it was unable to do this with iPhone 4S, didn't even think to use TinyUmbrella.

Thanks a ton!
    You saved my ass.

6. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

wait... I don't know if Tiny Umbrella is compatible with the 4S, if it is try it, but I don't even know this!

all I'm saying is this, if you have used tinyumbrella in the past, sometimes this program writes some stuff on the host file, and prevents a succesful restore pulling out error 21, if you have used TU for say an old iDevice, just delete that and save the host file and try to restore again...

7. rgibson57 thread starter macrumors newbie

No you're right, it worked better than expected. Even brought my iphone back to it's jailbreak. All is well.

Thanks again

8. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

ok just try to restore it on a different machine, enjoy