iPhone 4S 5.0.1 Unlock Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Lungeret, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Lungeret macrumors newbie

I bought an AT&T iPhone 4S from a friend hoping that there was a way to get it on T-Mobile. Is there a way to unlock the iPhone 4S :confused:? It would be great help. Thanks.

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

No there isn't. Buy a factory unlocked iphone.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

And not ETA! 5.0 has been talked about but nothing on 5.0.1

4. Lungeret thread starter macrumors newbie

Why can't it be unlocked?

I had an iPhone 3g, 3gs, and 4 and they were all able to be unlocked and working on T-Mobile 3 months after the iPhones were released. Why isn't it the same. I know that the A5 was a big problem when it came to unlocking but why isn't there a way to do it yet? Any predictions for when the unlock will be available?

5. ninjaw95 macrumors 6502

if you want it so bad do something
    be thankful that you were able to get all those other iphones unlocked with free software released by the devs

buy an unlocked one if you really need it that bad

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It cant be unlocked because there is no unlock for it at the moment.
    Noone knows if or when there will be one.
    Why purchase something not knowing if you can use it as a phone or being uncertain about when you will be able to use it or not.
    Like others said, sell it and put the money towards an unlocked iphone.

7. labman, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

labman macrumors 604

labman

Why do people buy things on impulse without doing homework first. Then complain when they don't like the answers they get. ;) resell it get your money back and buy a factory unlocked direct from Apple. (problem solved) :D

8. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Shoot first, ask questions later.

9. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

So does that mean iPhone 6 will have an unlock after 3 months of release? NO ONE KNOWS WHEN OR IF THERE WILL BE AN UNLOCK!

Do your research before buying anything!

MR is getting more noobs nowadays.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

lol my other handle I go by sometimes is Gunslinger! From the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The person who worked on the unlocks is no longer with the dev team. If you can find the genius, maybe you can do some convincing to have him come back.

12. okwhatev macrumors 6502

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

$85 for a turbo sim that will most likely get patched on the next firmware release?
    Doesnt sound too good to me but if you're desperate I guess you could go for it.
    And since we have no way to save our old baseband or even restore to older firmware using SHSH's on a 4S yet it could be tricky.
    If anything happens on your 4S on older firmware and baseband and you have to restore it then its all over.

14. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

Yea I want to wait until people start receiving their TPSIMs before I spend $85 for one. I really hope it works, but who knows.

15. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Sell it and find yourself a officially unlocked phone

16. b0bab0i macrumors regular

Why don't you just sell the At&T locked 4S and buy an unlocked 4S? You will never have to worry about having problems ever again.

17. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

Well the problem is I have a Sprint iPhone and there really is no market for that.

18. okwhatev macrumors 6502

True, but there's a version of iFaith due any day now which will save 5.0.1 state and restore to 5.0.1 using a custom 5.0.1 ipsw. It worked for iPhone 4 and downgrading 5.0.1 to 5.0. I tried it myself. I see no reason why the method won't work on the 4S. I trust the bugs will be worked out before 5.1 is released. Which is March 3rd. We still have time left.

Oh, and regarding the $85 sim... it's better to HAVE an option then no option. Although it's still cheaper to buy an $85 sim to unlock your phone while traveling vs selling the phone and trying to upgrade to an unlocked phone, I'd opt for a factory unlocked one too.

----------

Well technically, it's not 5.0 but the baseband that comes with 5.0 and the first version of 5.0.1. By the way, it's worth downgrading to the first build of 5.0.1 for the 4S since Apple is still signing both the first and second builds. Your baseband downgrades as well. Do it while you can.

19. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

Sounds like your a cop in NY. :cool:

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

In order for that to happen they will need to find a bootrom exploit on the 4S. That's the reason why the mothod will not work with the 4S.
    On the iphone 4 yes you can do it but currently it cannot be done with the 4S.

21. TanRub4you macrumors newbie

22. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

SCAM..........:eek: