iPhone 4S 5.0.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Heisler98, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Heisler98 macrumors member

I have a 32gb iPhone 4s that yesterday, I updated to ios 5.0.1. I'm noticing poor battery life (I charged it from 12% last night all night to 100%), and 3 hours later it is at 77% after casual use. I notice it drains very quickly when I use it, but not so much when it's on standby. On iOS 5.0, it seemed to last for a long time, like about 15 hours with no charge if I was using it casually, and about 8-10 hours if I was using it a lot.

Any tips for great battery life? I already use battery apps, like Battery Doctor, but I don't really see what they do. they don't improve it very much. As a thought, should I downgrade back to 5.0 and then wait for 5.1?

Thoughts appreciated.
    Hunter

2. ScottyMac76 macrumors newbie

One method I found to be helping a little is the time zone setting. Go to Settings > Location Services > , scroll all the way down and you see System Services. Selcet that and look for "Setting Time Zone". Turn that off. That will only affect the time when you travel to different time zones, it won't automatically change. Small price to pay for extended battery life. I'm still researching other methods too. :) Hope this helps.

3. Heisler98 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the tip. I also disabled several other system services, hopefully that will help a little bit. I've also tampered with location services, and mail push and fetch, and notifications.