iPhone 4S 5.1.1 w/ 2.0.12 baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by etrnl, Jun 15, 2012.

1. etrnl macrumors newbie

I just bought a iPhone 4S from someone and it's locked to Telus (I'm an AT&T customer). I tried the Gevey SIM and was able to unlock the voice portion of the phone but data wouldn't work. Yes, I did change the APN to AT&T's settings. After a while and a few reboots the Gevey SIM stopped being recognized. I tried restoring to factory to see if there was something blocking the card recognition, which didn't work.

The question I have is, I have been in contact with the seller and he still has his Telus SIM, is there any known way to unlock the phone without a Gevey SIM? I've tried searching around google and all unlocks have been associated with the Gevey SIM.

2. etrnl thread starter macrumors newbie

3. completing macrumors member

http://www.ijailbreak.com/iphone/how-to-officially-unlock-telus-iphone-50-fee/

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I thought it was fine to do it once a day?

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I heard no thread bumping at least not just typing bump. I believe you are supposed to add content to the post.. I'd say 30 minutes is less then a day though.. then again it's not like the mods pay much mind to the hack section any way.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Only option is either gevey or contact telus to see if they will factory unlock it for u.

8. etrnl thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about the bump post, didn't know. But I know Telus can unlock it, I checked in and even sent them an e-mail regarding the possibility of the unlock, here's what they had to say.
    I have not asked them if they will do the $50 charge for the unlock, my question was just based on being able to unlock a phone of a previous Telus customer.

The seller has offered to help try and get the phone unlocked. He was unde the impression that it would work right off the bat since his phone worked while he was in the US after moving to Canada. I would have liked to try more ways of figuring it out, but now that the Gevey SIM insert isn't even being seen in the iPhone, I'm left back and square one.

I'll keep updating the thread with any information I find, but as of right now I was only able to get voice activated, data would not work.