iPhone 4S (5) whatever you wanna call it...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Day48, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Day48 macrumors member

Maybe there is a delay in the release cycle in order to allow AT&T and Verizon to role out there LTE Network? Verizon has one now but they are increasing it by the end of the year. And AT&T has been very quite with their 4G LTE news, maybe itll be done by the beginning of next year. (But even then I think that Apple would hold out) Any thoughts?

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Doubt it, you need to keep in mind there are tens of millions of iPhone users outside the US which don't care about verizon or AT&T.

3. Day48 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but there are millions of users in the US that do...And a lot of the hype is for 4G LTE iPhones but Apple has been known to disappoint before. Also too, is that the 4G network is still very new, but holds high expectations by consumers...So i don't know maybe your right. Probably just wanting to milk the iPhone 4 and now white iPhone 4

4. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

5. maflynn, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think apple has already stated that its too early for them to adopt LTE. We cannot be totally sure but if there is a phone refresh this fall but if there is, it won't be a 4G capable phone.

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Maybe in 2012, maybe.