iPhone 4S: 64Gb or 32GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rocknblogger, Oct 9, 2011.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I'm going to buy either the 32GB or 64GB iPhone 4S. My question is, when I go to sell this phone so I can buy the next release of the phone which will have better resale value? Of course since the 64GB is more expensive I should be able to get more. But considering the price of the phone would it be easier to sell the 32GB version?

Currently I have to pay full price as my upgrade is about 5 months away. If I wait 5 months it wouldn't make much sense to get the 4S when the next version will be out within about 6 months at that point. So, if I pay $850 now will I be able to get $600+ in 8 months to 1 year? Or if I pay $750 will I still be able to get the same $600+?

Would $500+ be more realistic for either phone?

And also do you think white is better than black in terms of resale value?

What do you think? What would you do?

2. acepaul macrumors newbie

So what do you plan to do with the phone while you have it? Lots of 1080p video? Then get the 64gb. A few songs, apps and pics, maybe the smaller. Might be a while till the next release comes out so get what you want to use. Personally, I ordered black.

3. blunti macrumors 6502a

A gadget is not - and will never be - an investment. $700 for that phone in 6-12 month? better wake up...

4. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I don't view it as an investment and I never said anything about $700. I did my research and the iPhone 4 is selling from $400 to $500 so why not a 64GB iPhone4S for $600 that's less than a year old?

I know someone who sold an EVO4G for $300 about a month ago. Never say never.

5. element96x macrumors newbie

I've been doing this ever year for the past 3. It works out great if you able to use an upgrade. (Ask a relative or a friend if you could use theirs. Some people don't mind) I've been getting the most expensive model of the phone then selling it for 100-200$ more than I originally paid for the upgrade. Then using that money to buy the best model out etc, rinse and repeat. Last year I got 300$ for my 3GS, paid 300$ for the 4. Now ill sell my 4 for 400$ (32 gig) and I'm getting the 64 gig.

6. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman