iPhone 4s 64gb - Yellow Screen - Rattles x2 - Home button - 4h battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LaraA, Nov 7, 2011.

1. LaraA, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

LaraA macrumors newbie

Seems like i have maximum bad luck.
    Iv had my iphone 4 32gb since the release day, and now i got the 4s 64gb on the release day.
    Ordered from Telenor @ Sweden.
    I have the following problem with my new 4s 64gb:

1) Battery:
    4 hours useage and 9 hours standby, and 1% battery left
    Used most of it on 3G, youtube, apps and such
    And i have drained the battery and charged it from dead to 100%
    And i have done this 3-4 times now.
    And yes i have turned of alot of functions that i read on the forum

2) Screen:
    The screen is yellow-is on my 4s compared to my 4 that seem more blue-is

3) Rattle x2:
    A) If i hold the phone, and tap lightly over the apple logo on the back, the phone makes a rattle sound like something is lose
    B) Same goes for the front, beside the homebutton to the right and left.

4) Home Button:
    It feels hollow when pressing the home button on the 4s, on the 4 it felt more solid, and you can feel almost like a spring pushing it back.

5) Strange sound
    When i start a call, the first 1-3 seconds make some kind of strange noise, like static or something, but it goes away after 4-5 seconds.

Sorry for my bad english.

Anyone elles have same problems ?
    I have had 3g, 3gs, 4 and now 4s.

I love my Apple products, have an ipad 2 3g 64gb and MBA 13" 2011
    But with the 4s i just seem to have really bad luck ?

Thanks alot

// LaraA

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

sounds like you need to talk to Apple they will replace it. even Maserati's come out with problems once in a while.

3. rsxmachine macrumors 6502a

a lot of your issues plague all iphone 4s owners. You can get a replacement but at this time they will all have most of these problems.

4. zign macrumors 6502

zign

Hi Lara.

1) I'd say that with your usage, that would be a relatively standard battery performance. There is an update on the way in the next couple of weeks, which should improve these results. It's worth waiting for that.

2) I personally don't think that there is a right or wrong here. My iPhone 4 has a blue screen compared to the 4S I have now. My first 4S, which I had to exchange due to the faulty vibrator motor, had greenish tint to it. I prefer the warmer screen on my 4S now. So it's probably due to the personal preference, but you will never know which screen you will get.

3) Both normal. As far as I know all 4S's have that. If you don't, then you should worry :)

4) This one is a little hard to understand without actually trying it. I'd say leave it, but if you actually think that there is in fact something wrong with the button, take it to the store for an exchange. My wife's 4S has a really soft button compared to mine, which makes a clicky noise. I am more used to the way mine behaves, as it was the same on all the iPhones I previously owned. But using my wife's 4S doesn't really bother me.

I'd say there is nothing wrong with your phone. The battery issues are software related and should hopefully be ironed out with the upcoming upgrades. I would also say that it's worth looking at your notification centre and making sure there is nothing you don't really need using notifications. I installed an app on saturday. It gives you different discount vouchers etc.. But my phone went from 80% to 20% overnight. I then noticed that the app was in notifications centre. Turned notifications off for it and the phone is back to normal.

Good luck.

Anton.