iPhone 4S - all models sold out in less than 20 mins (Hong Kong)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by haruhiko, Nov 3, 2011.

1. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

:eek:wow, luckily I used my iPad 2 to order some for myself before it's over.

The pre-order started at around 8:40am (HKT), and the status has been changed to "currently available" before 9:00am. :eek:

2. stevemcm1 macrumors newbie

Yup! I tried at 8.55 - kept crashing. 9.05 - unavailable.

3. haruhiko thread starter macrumors 68040

haruhiko

that's really crazy. I've always heard from my friends that 'Oh, there should be a loooot of supply, i won't order, there won't be any profits etc'

and now everybody turned to order whatever they can. :eek:

4. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Yep, it's starting to look like I'll have to pay the markup at 先達 to get one anywhere in the near future.

10 per order is ridiculous. It just means that companies looking to resell at a profit will be able to get a lot of phones, and regular people (ie the target audience for Apple Stores) won't be able to get any at a regular price.

5. haruhiko thread starter macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Dont' worry, I think some if not most of the 10 pcs orders will be cancelled. Maybe Apple thinks that this is just a small revision and the iPhone 4 debacle wouldn't have happened again. But...hey, it's iPhone! HK people can consume all the supply easily.

6. stevemcm1 macrumors newbie

EXACTLY!

But at 10 per order, I wonder if 'regular people' really were the target audience. Anyone know if the same conditions were set last year (ie.10 per order)? Apple could have done better than that to get iphones to regular people, if they care.

----------

Hope so! But doubt.

7. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Not only HK people, businessmen from Mainland China looking to flip it and get a profit or 'gift' them to their bosses :rolleyes:

I don't see how they can cancel the orders- they do clearly state that each customer can order up to 10 iPhones. If they find that several orders originating from different Apple IDs are to be delivered to the same address, then maybe, but I'm guessing most of them will just end up in 先達 lol.

8. haruhiko thread starter macrumors 68040

haruhiko

For safety I didn't order the max number, it's safer if you spread the orders over several accounts.

9. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I'm not the least bit surprised they sold out so fast. Apple products are nothing if not popular.

10. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

I think last year it was limited to 2 per customer. Looks like they're just looking to fuel the grey market, unfortunately. I mean, what individual customer really needs 10 iPhones?

If you ordered several... sell one to me, eh? :p