iPhone 4S aluminum back plate

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by djstile, Feb 23, 2012.

1. djstile, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

djstile macrumors regular

I searched around but could not find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an aluminum backplate for the iPhone 4S that has the following:

-Sold / Shipped from inside the the USA
    -Actually an aluminum replacement backplate (not a sticker) that is essentially a duplicate of the original backplate (with all writing and Apple logo) but is just aluminum instead of glass
    -Specifically made for the iPhone 4S (ones made for the 4 will NOT fit the 4S properly)
    -The writing / Apple logo will not rub off or wear off under normal circumstances
    -The camera does not suffer from any flash problems or diffusion
    -Around $30 or less

Perhaps it doesn't exist, but if anyone has found one meeting all of the above I would love to know where you got it and if you had any problems at all with reception. As the antenna is on the sides of the phone, I don't see this as being a huge problem, but I would still be interested.

Thanks!

2. djstile thread starter macrumors regular

3. djstile thread starter macrumors regular

4. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

5. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Wow looks cool!

Only $13 too.

The only thing I'm not feeling is the camera / flash cutout. It looks unfinished.

6. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Whats the difference between the 4 and 4s backplate do u know?

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Where the clips on the backplate attach to the phone.

8. djstile thread starter macrumors regular

Well I got the aluminum backplate a few days ago and wanted to use it for a little while before giving my $0.02 on it. Basically, it's awesome. PERFECT fit, came with the correct pentalobe (sp?) screwdriver for the 4s and the install took about 45 seconds or so. The backplate is brushed aluminum and flat so any case will fit over it (but why would you buy this and use a case anyway?). The camera cutout is perfect and the backplate itself feels very sturdy. My reception does not appear to be affected at all and I have not noticed any flash washout, but I never use the flash anyway. The ONLY possible negative is that the apple logo and writing aren't etched in and I get the feeling they could rub off over time. Personally I am using this with a black apple bumper, so this is a non-issue as the back never directly lays on a table. I will try to get some pix up, but unfortunately the 4S is my only camera atm.

9. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

10. Tranworld macrumors newbie

These are stick-on plactic, not a real replacement back plate, but I must admit the camera design is nice. Makes a change

11. justinwebb macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Willing to bet its not aluminum just by the title of the auction.

12. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

14. Blinny83 macrumors member

15. ERIC273 macrumors 6502

16. djstile thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for taking forever to get back to everyone. I had the back on there for like 15 days or so and ended up taking it off. It scratches very easily and I BELIEVE it was lowering my signal by a bar (a few dBs) as well. It does look nice though and fits perfectly so I'd recconend it if you live in an area where u already get good service.

17. BriChi macrumors 6502

same here, just put on the brushed aluminum backplate on the 4 (verizon), the minute I took the stock off and added the new one, the signal dropped 2 bars and wifi dropped one, put the stock back on, and back to full service. I guess this is being returned iphone4parts :(