Iphone 4s and 2 years contract.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fashiondgal007, Oct 13, 2011.

1. fashiondgal007 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I would like to buy an iphone 4s, the problem is that i'm planning to moving out to FL.for a couple of months and then out of the country. My mother told me that she can upgrade her phone and give it to me ( her carrier is sprint), and she later buy a new one.

My question is.. can avoid the two years contract and pay monthly for the service without 2 years commitment? Jailbreaking the iphone? Or just buy one unlocked?

Thanks.

2. davelanger macrumors 6502a

You can buy an iphone without a contract but you pay the full price of the phone. You wont get the subsidized price.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You will have a contract if you buy the phone using the subsidy; you have to pay full price. Your best bet is to pay full price if you're concerned that you can't live out your contract. Or, get it now and pay the ETF later.

4. toiday macrumors regular

May be I'm a parent and therefore this didn't sit well for me. So your mom is gonna upgrade her phone and give it to you and buy herself a new one at a later time, which she will have to pay at full price. Why shouldn't you be the one paying full price for the phone or even buy her a new phone? If you can afford the 4S at full price, should you consider just getting the 4? You can also check in to craiglist in a couple of weeks. The 4S's may show up at cheaper price than the full price at the Apple stores. Rumor says the Sprint 4S is unlocked for GSM so you may check it out. iPhone is no doubt a very good phone but nothing is considered a must have phone if you can't afford it. It doesn't make you a more successful person. So, don't get yourself in financial problem trying to buy an iPhone. Good luck with your trip.