iPhone 4s and honda 2012 usb

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rapicell, Apr 5, 2014.

1. rapicell macrumors regular

So my mom recently bought a used 2012 honda accord and it has a USB plug in. I tried to plug her phone in and it starts charging and displays that the phone is plugged in. When I put a song on it displays the song info, but no audio is passing through (volume is on for the car, but no volume control is present in the music app). Any ideas what the problem may be?

Phone: 4s
    Music: Default music app

2. jayes, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014

jayes macrumors regular

I have a 2013 accord with navi so I don't know if the radio is the same.
    I can play music from my iPhone 5 by connecting with a stereo capable cable (from Radio shack) from headphone jack to the Aux jack. On the source screen I select AUX -there is a pic of the jack on the choice. If I want to charge while it's playing I use the regular lightning charger.
    There might be other ways but this works so I did not dig deeper. Whatever I chose on the phone plays through the car speakers.
    Hope this helps.
    :eek: Well, I obviously missed the most obvious. There is an option under SOURCE for Bluetooth. Select that and the music on your phone will play through the car speakers. No cables needed.