Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dear Experts

I have got iphone 4S I used to enable the Personal Hotswap and connect my laptop via USB cable to connect to the internet,,,,,,everything was working fine for a while.

Now I am not able to access the internet via USB cable any more although I tried different USB ports on my laptop ASUS U31S windows 7 ultimate.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2iiv2n9.png

Though still I can access the internet via Wi-Fi iphone Hotswap.

Could you please advise what troubleshooting should I consider to rectify this issue ?

Regards

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Dear Experts

I have got iphone 4S I used to enable the Personal Hotswap and connect my laptop via USB cable to connect to the internet,,,,,,everything was working fine for a while.

Now I am not able to access the internet via USB cable any more although I tried different USB ports on my laptop ASUS U31S windows 7 ultimate.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2iiv2n9.png

Though still I can access the internet via Wi-Fi iphone Hotswap.

Could you please advise what troubleshooting should I consider to rectify this issue ?

Regards

Have you tried restarting your phone?

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Yes I did restart the phone couple of time without any joy

Thanks

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Ok ctrl+alt+delete and close all apple services in the processes tab including iTunes.

Then plug your phone in with hotspot on but wifi on your laptop set to off!!

You should see a pop up in the bottom right saying installing device driver after which it should work.

Remember wifi supersedes a wired connection when tethering as it thinks the cables there for power.

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Hi Gav2K

Remember wifi supersedes a wired connection when tethering as it thinks the cables there for power.
Good point I wasn't aware of it.

Ok ctrl+alt+delete and close all apple services in the processes tab including iTunes.
I tried that and it didn't fix the problem but the tip gave me an idea to uninstall all iphone software and drivers and iTune from the computer then fresh installation and now the internet via USB cable is working

Regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.