iPhone iPhone 4S and iOS 7.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Prawnstar69, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

should i upgrade to ios 7 on iphone 4s? i heard alot of battery drain problems in iPhone 4s, is it true? for all phones? should i upgrade? is there a way to remove the battery drain problem? should i wait till beta 2? I know there are alot of bugs, but i can deal with it but battery drain is a deal breaker. Thanks :D

2. Prawnstar69 thread starter macrumors regular

oh and is there any headphone problem? the earphones dont work?

3. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

iOS 7 is not out until Fall.

Current betas are for evaluation and development purposes only and are not yet optimised.

4. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

My 4S has no headphone issues at all. Battery isn't too good though but thtas probably because i'm constantly playing/testing.

5. gomoq13, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013

gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

I've had iOS 7 beta on my iPhone 4S since days ago. I love it! It just exudes a sense of minimalist aesthetics overall, in my opinion. Well, maybe not that much love for the new app icons. I prefer the older ones for that matter.

There are bugs of cos', but they don't annoy me to the point that I'm complaining. The battery drains slightly faster now. I think it was much worse before I disabled Settings>General>Background App Refresh and Settings>iTunes App Stores>Automatic Downloads. Some apps crash upon opening, which is very expected as developers have not updated their apps to be compatible with this new iOS. Major apps such as Facebook (no notifications though?), Whatsapp, Instagram, Twitter and Viber are working as per normal. iMessage / SMS, FaceTime, Hotspot, Safari and location services are too. Oh, I can't zoom while recording video using the default camera app. Or is that not supposed to be working for the iPhone 4S yet?

Anyways, I won't go back to 6.1.3. iOS 7 beta is the closest thing I could get to having a jailbroken phone. Most of the Cydia tweaks I used (when on iOS 6.1) are already present in this new iOS. The only tweak I miss badly is f.lux. Overall, I'm very impressed with this considering it's only the first beta.

6. Northernist macrumors member

Given that you definitely don't seem like a developer and don't really seem like you know what you're doing...

No. Don't upgrade.

7. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

If you have to ask things like this, you are not a developer and don't know what BETA means.

8. sparky1499 macrumors regular

sparky1499

I ran it on my 4S for a couple of days.

It ran hot, battery life was poor and animations were 'slow'

Try it at your own risk...

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Animations are slow, battery is poor just like users are reporting but mine doesn't run hot.

10. balzmcfearson macrumors regular

balzmcfearson

no, no, no, no, no, no wait until release

11. Prawnstar69 thread starter macrumors regular

im not a developer but i know what im doing :D

12. carelesswhisper macrumors member

I'm not a developer but I know what I'm doing and knew I was installing it at my own discretion...
    With that said, I've been running it on my 4S and it's been great so far. If anything, it has improved since first installing it. The first couple of days, the phone got super hot, the animations were glitchy and battery was just awful. Since then, the phone hasn't gotten hot and the animations run smoothly now. The battery life still isn't great, but it's better.

13. cynics macrumors G3

I played with iOS 7 on my buddies phone who is a dev (albeit not currently practicing it) and I would NOT recommend it for a daily phone yet. A lot of apps don't work quite right and it wasn't that fluid on a 4S.

14. stevemiller macrumors 65816

i just saw it running on a dev 4S at our office. i know it remains to be seen how much it'll get smoothed out before release. but i will say this, if it turns out to be a hardware limitation making it as stuttery as it appeared (zooming into apps on launch was way below 30fps), then i'm sticking with ios6 on my 4S.

15. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Ive been running iOS 7 on my 4s for a while and it's been working fine. There's bugs, battery life isn't as good as iOS 6, and some animation slowness too. But, it's still runing fine and I just plug it in a little more often. If you can live with all that, ya, do it.

Otherwise, wait a while longer and grab one of the later betas or just wait for a RC.

16. illyb2000, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013

illyb2000 macrumors 6502

How do you get whatsapp to work? Mines crashes on opening; reinstall got it going

17. skitch3000 macrumors newbie

I've been running iOS 7 beta 1 on my iPhone 4S for over a week and have had very few issues overall. Decreased battery life (obviously expected in beta)

whatsapp worked fine for me

i've had a few graphical issues with a couple other apps, (iHeartRadio, NewEgg). Vine crashes after scrolling..

no major issues at all. can't wait for beta 2

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Someone told me to reset all settings (keeping dat) and that would help with the slow animations. I did not experience that success but overall, iOS 7 runs pretty great on my 4s. I have not experienced app crashes as you say. I don't think you've used iOS 7 because you would know that it is not as doomsday as you say.

Battery life is indeed worse than normal and just once I went from 99% to 82% in the space of 15 minutes for some reason. It is my daily driver but I am not far from a power source most of the time.

19. Swapnil52 macrumors newbie

The play/pause button on my EarPods is not working...#