Iphone 4S and Mophie Juice Pack Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LapsangSouchong, Oct 9, 2011.

1. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

There's no info on the mophie site that I can see. But has anyone asked about compatibility. My logical side says yes, it will fit just fine. But I wanted to double check.

2. trims macrumors regular

Do you have a Mophie already? Pleased with it??

3. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

LOVE it. I had the Juice Pack with my 3Gs and now I have the Juice Pack Plus for my 4. I don't use it every day, and some days I just pack it in my bag, but when I need it it's awesome.

With my 3GS I used it every day. It was my only case. It's pretty good protection too.

4. trims macrumors regular

Was thinking of getting a Mophie if I get a 4S. Although it adds a bit of bulk it should deal with the phone's sharp edges. And you get a battery boost as a bonus!

Like you I would like to know if the product is compatible with the 4S. Should be OK, but the mute button seems a little higher on the 4S??

5. scootaru macrumors 6502

From what I've been reading, the mute button on the 4S is in the same location as the Verizon iPhone 4, which is in a different location than the AT&T version. The Mophie Juice Pack Plus for the AT&T iPhone 4 is not compatible.

6. trims macrumors regular

The UK uses GSM, like AT&T. So from what you're saying the mute button has moved slightly. Think I'll wait for an update from Mophie before committing (nothing on their web site FAQs yet).

7. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Yes, I know it's moved a bit, thus the question. It seems certain cases will work, and some will not.

I've emailed mophie. Will post what they say.

8. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I called Mophie two days ago about this issue. They said the model of the Juice Pack Plus they have right now will fit the iPhone 4S. I ordered one from Amazon for 80 instead of 100, and hopefully will enjoy the case and extra battery it provides!

9. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Interesting. I sure hope that's right. I love my Juice Pack Plus.

10. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I hope it's right too haha.... I don't want to have to complain that it doesn't fit after I was told it would...

11. xdbuix macrumors 6502

i just got the mophie juice pack plus. Apparently its the gsm version. The mute button is not centered but is still usable. I love the case's feel and fit. It isnt as bulky as I thought it would be. I would like a solution to the uncentered mute button though.

12. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

You're on Verizon? Would you mind posting a picture of the mute button etc for us? I'd be very very appreciative.

13. xdbuix macrumors 6502

14. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Response from Mophie:

Thank you for contacting mophie!

From all the details Apple has provided publicly about the dimensions of both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, we expect our product will fit perfectly. We have not, however, had a chance to test with an iPhone 4S as they are not shipping until 14 October.

Thank you,

Staci Lajiness
    Customer Advocate

15. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I'm home from the apple store. My iPhone 4s is in my iPhone 4 juice pack plus. It fits. It works. the mute button just isn't centered. If they release a new one I won't buy it. This works just fine.

16. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I leave the Mophie on all the time

I leave it on all the time on my IP4. Doesn't add much. Protects the phone and at 7pm, when I look at the battery, it shows 100% !!!