iPhone 4S Antenna Fix?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AFPoster, Oct 10, 2011.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I know they completely revamped the antennas in the iPhone 4S but did that fix the antenna issues the iPhone 4 has been having?

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Since no one has the phone yet, I don't think there is sufficient experience to say.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i think you'll find out before the 14th. i am hoping that the reviewers are allowed to post their reviews on the 4s today given the launch date is just 4 days away. i expect mossberg and others to address the issue.

4. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

True, I didn't get a chance to watch the event and I was hoping they would have discussed it then. Guess I will be waiting =).

5. BamaATL macrumors member

What antenna issues? ;)

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

ZOMG! Do you think this is a real issue?
    Wondering if I should cancel my order now and wait for reports. I'm worried.

7. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Didn't they fix the issue with the CMDA version that was for Verizon? The place of the antennas is the same but now they will switch depending on what you are doing at the time. So i would be pretty confidant that there is no problems whatsoever.

8. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Issue was still apparent for the Verizon iPhone as well. "Death Grip" is for all iPhone 4's but supposedly they said they would fix it in the next iPhone which in this case is the 4S. We will find out shortly if it's fixed, crossing fingers.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Sarcasm works better with a smiley. There, I fixed it for you... :D

10. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Somewhat, yes.

11. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

Hopefully the proximity sensor is good to go on this bad boy too. I bet I took back 3 iPhone 4's because I was putting callson mute with my cheek. :eek:

12. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Did you not watch the keynote?

The iPhone4S has two areas of bands which increases the signals and one would work if the other isn't.

13. iadam09 macrumors regular

You're holding it the wrong way ;)

14. ThetaSigma macrumors regular

The phone will switch between antennas to give a better reception. The way I imagine it working is that if you perform the "death grip" then the phone will switch to the other antenna instead. So the problem is still there BUT you won't be using that antenna. I believe there is more antennas in the 4S than the 4 because there is an extra black band.

I'm probably wrong though. Wait until the 14th, I'm sure there will be much gnashing of teeth if it's still there :p

15. 2010RS macrumors 6502

This is the correct answer. :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

16. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha, typical Steve Jobs reply.

I said above I didn't get a chance to watch it, nor did anyone I know say they mentioned it aside from the 2 antennas to switch but that doesn't mean Death Grip is fixed.