iPhone 4s AppleCare+ confirmation serial check

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aznguyen316, Oct 25, 2011.

1. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Hello. I signed up for AppleCare over the phone for my Verizon iPhone 4s over the weekend and it finally finished processing. I checked the serial online to confirm AppleCare+ (that's all they offer now right?). However it just shows AppleCare but no mention of plus. Can anyone compare my upload picture of my serial check page that also has a 4s with AppleCare+ and tell me if it explicitly mentions plus services or if it just looks like mine? My AppleCare welcome email makes no mention of "plus" either so I just want to make sure.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do?newid=y

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. ZipZap macrumors 601

3. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

I can't see how Applecare+ is a good deal...

It costs what $100?

Then if your device breaks when you drop it it costs $50 to get a replacement unit. So you're paying $100 on the off chance you might break it then a total of $150 if you do...

Or you can pay nothing EVER if you don't break it and pay $200 at the Apple Store to get a replacement if you do.

It costs $50 more of course but you don't have to lose a $100 bet if you end up not needing it.

4. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

It's also only $50 again if you break it a second time. So you spend $200 total if you break it twice. If you break it twice WITHOUT AppleCare+ then youo're spending $200 twice which is $400. AppleCare+ also covers the phone for two years whereas the regular warranty only covers it for one.

----------

When I look at mine, the third checkmark says:
    and the 4th check mark says:

5. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Mine is the same as El3ctronics...it specifically mentions Applecare+. There's a link at the bottom of the coverage page that should let you send an email to Apple about it. Since you ordered over the phone with Verizon, though, you're not really going to have any proof to email to Apple, so I'm not sure how that will work. You might be better off calling Applecare support and talking to them about it. I'm sure they'll be able to get it straightened out.

How much did Verizon charge you for Applecare? Was it $99 (Applecare+) or $69 (Applecare)? Maybe they added the wrong thing to your account.

6. RipsMctits macrumors regular

I've heard they are getting rid of the $200 out-of-warranty replacements.

7. aznguyen316 thread starter macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Thanks electronic and sweet brat. I bought it from apple thru their 800 number. I thought they got rid of regular AppleCare? Blah ok I'll have to call them again.

Also this thread is not about if AppleCare is worth it or not. Keep that discussion in the many other threads.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

9. xdbuix macrumors 6502

also i just read from other threads, $130 for a "lost" iphone replacement. Awesome imo

10. RipsMctits macrumors regular

My "source" is just some posts around here from people saying they went to the Apple store and were told this. I'm not saying it's true, but it does worry me enough to considering springing for AC+.

11. deeddawg macrumors 604

Understood; and just because Apple's site says one thing today doesn't mean they may not change it next month.

When consider AC+, remember that you can get a prorated refund if you cancel it. Specifics in the T&C, it's unused time less 10% if I remember correctly. Thus someone could get AC+ now while they can and give it two or three months or so to see what the real policies turn out to be for non-AC+ accidental damage repairs/replacements.

12. RipsMctits macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up.