iPhone 4S Apps Crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dragon13, Oct 14, 2011.

1. dragon13 macrumors member

dragon13

I seem to be having trouble with some apps with the new phone. I just upgraded from a 3GS (which had/has no problems with these apps).

I've noticed the problem specifically with BeejiveIM and Google Voice so far. If I change the page in the app and switch to a different app, then reopen the app- it crashes.

For example, in google voice: I open the google voice app, go to dialer, then hit the home button. When I try to reopen the app to the dialer page- it crashes.

Same goes for Beejive.

Basically it seems to me to be a problem with multitasking.

Initially I restored from an iCloud backup, but before posting this- I setup the phone as new- and the same problem occurs.

Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure what to do at this point. Could my phone be defective?

Thanks in advance.

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I'm sure your phone's fine. :) Those particular apps just probably haven't been updated and optimized for iOS 5.0 yet. Give it a week or so to see if an update appears on the App Store for them.

3. dragon13 thread starter macrumors member

dragon13

Yeah, that's what I thought as well, but they both had recents updates pushed out for ios5...

I did check the GV change log, and apparently others have had issues as well..

Mainly, I just don't get why my 3GS is working fine (w/ ios5).

Guess I'll give it some time, it's just kinda annoying cause those are apps I use quite a bit.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

My Beejive doesn't do that, and didn't in betas either.

My roommate's does though. Dunno the difference.