iPhone 4S Arrives with Dead Pixel

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr Jinks, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Mr Jinks macrumors newbie

Arrived on launch day in UK, turn it on and find a dead pixel right in view.

Obviously I want a replacement but do Apple Stores have them in stock to replace ?? I don't fancy a refurb given its not my fault.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

They do not have refurbs 3 days after launch. Think man, think.

3. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

yes they will have replacements and no they won't (yet) be refurbs. How quickly do you think Apple can get back a faulty phone, repair/replace the faulty part and ship it back out to the stores?

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It will not take them too much longer and there will be no shortage when I hear what people return their phone for!:p

5. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

That's a good point, I've just realised that I've never seen an iPhone in the refurb store. I reckon it will still take a good 5-10 days before returned phones make it back to stores as replacements.

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Probably a month until we start seeing refurbs no?

7. Sellador macrumors newbie

I think Apple's policy was exchange on >5 stuck pixels and 2(not sure with this one, but definitively lower than 5) dead pixels

8. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Under consumer protection in the UK can't you just return the phone and ask for your money back - you must be well within the time limit?

Then buy another one soon after and hope you have better luck!

9. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

11. ToddyT macrumors newbie

How did you get the iPhone?

If you purchased it online, be aware that you need to return it through the online store within 10 days and then they will give you a new one.

You won't get a new one from an Apple Store if you purchased online because they can't undo the online transaction and then put through a new one for you. The Apple Retail store and Apple Online store are two different entities, so they can't exchange the other one's transactions/purchases.

Just wanted to make you aware of this.

If purchased in store, return in store and they will be able to exchange it for another new one. They may or may not have backup storage of your specific model. Just see how it goes.