iPhone 4s asks a lot for iCloud password for iCloud backup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RobT, Nov 15, 2011.

1. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

Since I got my iPhone 4s and began using iCloud (not for e-mail, contacts, or calendar, just for bookmarks, photos, and backup) I get a popup every day or two stating that iCloud backup needs to verify my iCloud password. I then enter my iCloud password and things are good (until the next time).

Is this supposed to be this way? Is there a setting that saves the password or minimizes the need to re-enter it so frequently?

2. rw3 macrumors 6502a

rw3

3. RobT thread starter macrumors 6502a

RobT

Tried this...didn't find any issues here...all looks good

4. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

I'm having the exact same issue since getting an iPhone 4S on Saturday (4 days ago). I plug in the iPhone to charge it overnight and each morning the first thing I see upon waking the phone is a request to verify my iCloud password. I was using iCloud on my iPhone 4 for the last several weeks and it never asked for password verification.

I've checked and double-checked all of my settings and my Apple ID. I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why the iPhone 4S is so obsessed with my iCloud password.

?????

Mark

5. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i get this pop up a lot too and i don't even back up to the cloud