iPhone 4s asks a lot for iCloud password for iCloud backup

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
Since I got my iPhone 4s and began using iCloud (not for e-mail, contacts, or calendar, just for bookmarks, photos, and backup) I get a popup every day or two stating that iCloud backup needs to verify my iCloud password. I then enter my iCloud password and things are good (until the next time).

Is this supposed to be this way? Is there a setting that saves the password or minimizes the need to re-enter it so frequently?

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
I'm having the exact same issue since getting an iPhone 4S on Saturday (4 days ago). I plug in the iPhone to charge it overnight and each morning the first thing I see upon waking the phone is a request to verify my iCloud password. I was using iCloud on my iPhone 4 for the last several weeks and it never asked for password verification.

I've checked and double-checked all of my settings and my Apple ID. I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why the iPhone 4S is so obsessed with my iCloud password.

?????

Mark

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I'm having the exact same issue since getting an iPhone 4S on Saturday (4 days ago). I plug in the iPhone to charge it overnight and each morning the first thing I see upon waking the phone is a request to verify my iCloud password. I was using iCloud on my iPhone 4 for the last several weeks and it never asked for password verification.

I've checked and double-checked all of my settings and my Apple ID. I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why the iPhone 4S is so obsessed with my iCloud password.

?????

Mark
i get this pop up a lot too and i don't even back up to the cloud

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.